Friday, June 10, 2005

Give Me Strength

In today's WTF news, a photo caption in the NY Times reads thusly:


Raymond J. McGuire, who just left Morgan Stanley for Citigroup, is one of the top bankers on Wall Street, and one of the unlikeliest.


Okay, I'm pissed. Click on the link if you don't believe me. One of the unlikeliest? Is that not the most inflammatory pieces of dung you've read in at least the last 24 hours? Of course, the way race matters work in this country, my first thought was its implications about race as Raymond J. McGuire is a Black man.

Actually, by the time you find this, and click on the link, the Times online's cover will have changed, and you probably won't see that caption. Smart people, those Timesies. I read it though, and I'm still pissed.

Just in case anyone thought racism was dead, the Times actually thinks it wasn't making a big deal out of his ethnicity by waiting until the last paragraph of the article to bring it up. But, why not just state it from the beginning since you've made it the lead for the fucking story!

Read about a person of color in a prominent position, and you get their family history, and how they worked their way through whatever school, or how they overcame adversity, as if White people don't have the same struggles. What absolute crap. What a stinking pantload.

I'm glad I only read the Times online. I wouldn't waste a penny on this shitrag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home