Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Day After

Good morning from Brooklyn. It's almost 7 in the morning, and as expected, we don't know who really won the Presidency. CNN shows Kerry has 252 electoral votes to Bush's 254, NBC says Kerry has 238 to Bush's 269. 270 are needed to win the office.

AAARRGH!!! Why can't I, an American, living in what is supposed to be the most successful experiment in government by the people, feel like I'm one of the people electing my government? The 538 people better known as the Electoral College are the ones who select our President and Vice-President. I don't get it. If we have things in place to keep voting honest (one ballot per voter, criminal penalties for voter interference, etc.) why can't the people who are qualified to vote simply do so?

In another post, I'll explain how this crazy system works. Right now, the wife and I are looking into moving to Toronto. I no longer feel like an American.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home